When I was on the last road trip, my steps on my RV started making a loud ratcheting sound. The steps would extend but not retract.
After doing some research I ordered a new motor on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Components-379147-Screws-Kwikee/dp/B002LLE1ME/ref=asc_df_B002LLE1ME/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312089957955&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6403852655371393519&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007464&hvtargid=pla-450283043161&psc=1
It literally took me longer to get my tools together than it did to do the following:
- Extend the steps (the “in use” position)
- unplug cable from motor Remove 3 bolts (10mm socket)
- Lower motor and remove the gear and washer from bad motor.
- Install the gear and washer from bad motor onto new motor.
- Raise and align the 3 bolt holes and install 3 bolts (10mm socket)
- Plugin power cable.
If you need step by step instructions Tito has done a great job documenting the process. https://www.rvwithtito.com/articles/repair-automatic-rv-step